On the heels of retrospective programs featuring Media City Prize winning filmmakers, Helga Fanderl and Robert Beavers, Xcèntric (CCB’s cinema) has a host of excellent screenings scheduled this spring. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s in store:
• March 22: Journeys and Songs
Films by Jonas Mekas, Rose Lowder, Warren Sonbert, David Brooks, and Mark Lapore.
• March 25: Luz obscura
Films by Susana de Sousa Dias and Filipa César.
• April 8: Observing The Sky
Films by Antonio Palolo and Johann Lurf
• April 12: Female Structural Cinema. Anticipation, Organisation And Repetition.
Films by Lis Rhodes, Eugènia Balcells, Joyce Wieland, Annabel Nicolson, Anna Thew, Marilin Bailey, and Gill Eatherley.
• April 19: Illuminating Vision (I): The Intimate Space Of The Filmmaker. Of Work And Love
Films by Robert Beavers, Jean-Claude Rousseau, Michael Snow, Hollis Frampton, Jonas Mekas, Stan Brakhage, and Carolee Schneemann.
• April 22: Illuminating Vision (II): Between Images:
Films by Joyce Wieland, Rose Lowder, Arthur & Corinne Cantrill, Peter Tscherkassky, Laida Lertxundi, Peter Hutton, Gunvor Nelson, Nathaniel Dorsky and others.